Friday 12 August 2011

Japanese Ship in the Halifax Harbor

What a sight!
On Wednesday Morning, I was just minding my own business, when I heard this great boom. Not once, not twice, but on and on.
Of course I went to look out my window, and there were three navy ships, a fire boat spewing water and smoke.
Well, the smoke did not come from a fire, but it was, what I later learned the cannon shots form the first of the three Japanese ships, saluting Halifax. At 8am!!
What a treat and here are the pictures I took.






As you can see, we are still in a gray on gray color scheme here in Halifax, fog, rain, fog. I guess we better embrace it, as we can't change it.
But remember to support the Buskers this week end. They have been putting on a show through out this and it is their livelihood.
See you at the Halifax Seaport Farmers Market Saturday and Sunday
Silvia

No comments:

Post a Comment